One quick way to find a similar career is to look at your current occupation’s profile.
- Search for your occupation in Occupations in Alberta.
- Click or tap on the occupation name.
- Scroll down to the Related Occupational Profiles section.
- Choose a few profiles to learn more about. For each profile:
- Compare the tasks in its Duties section to your current occupation.
- Compare the Top 10 Skills Employers Are Looking For in its Skills & Abilities section to your current occupation. Note that some profiles may not have a list of Top 10 Skills.
If you can’t find anything suitable, or if you’d like to do a more thorough career exploration, use these guides. They’ll help you figure out which direction to go next in your career journey:
Identify what you can offer to employers. You’ll need to be able to tell employers what value you can add to their organization. Work through How to List Your Skills and Accomplishments.
What would you like to know?
An alis staff member will review your question and respond via email. If it’s something that can help others look for work, explore careers, or succeed on the job, a version of your question and answer may even be added to the site.
Your privacy is important. If your question is published to alis, your identity will remain anonymous. Your email address and any other personally identifiable information will not be posted to the site.