Exploring your learning and training options is a key part of career planning. To be successful in your education or training, it’s important that you choose a program that best fits your career goal.
If you know where you want the training to take you, it’s much easier to decide which program will get you there. Answer the questions on this worksheet to help you narrow down your choices.
Think about which program and school will best fit the plans you have for your career.
- Living arrangements
- Full-time or part-time training paths, distance learning, apprenticeship, or training on the job
- The time it will take to finish the program
- How your learning or training will affect your life and the people in it
- The time it will take from your daily activities
- The job market after you graduate and what you will earn
In these video, consider how Ellysa and Sharon chose schools and programs that would be the right fit for them:
For more information on how to find your fit, check out the steps to becoming a post-secondary student.