When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Primary Care Paramedic
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
At least 50% in each of the following courses or their equivalents:
- Math 20-1 or Math 20-2 or Pure Math 20 or Applied Math 20,
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2,
- Biology 30 or Science 30*
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
- Students must be 18 years old by January 1 (second semester of the PCP program).
- Proof of completion of an Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) certificate or a medical sciences-related diploma or degree or equivalent.
SAIT evaluates international documents for admissions. After you’ve applied, consider our international document assessment service if your education is from outside of Canada.
* ANPH 209 (Anatomy and Physiology) can be used in place of the Biology 30 or Science 30 requirement. This course is available through Continuing Education.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Books/Supplies/Instruments $6,400.00 Year One
Tuition $4,050.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,469.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 20, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.