Look For Work
Your finances and health can affect the work choices you make now and in the future. Use this information to identify challenges you might face and resources to help you succeed.
- Get a clear picture of your income and expenses:
- Find out what supports you’re entitled to if you’ve lost your job.
This includes severance, settlement and employment insurance.
- Learn about pensions.
- Visit Pensions and Retirement for information about the Canada Pension Plan and other income sources for people over 60.
- Contact your past and current employers about other pensions you may be entitled to.
- Do some financial planning.
Talk to your banker, financial advisor or accountant. Ask questions like
- Will my expenses rise or fall over the next few years?
- How much income do I need in order to retire?
- Can I afford to retire or cut back on the hours I work?
- Take care of yourself.
Your health is one of your key assets. When you’re in good health, you’re more likely to enjoy life and work, and better able to take advantage of opportunities that come your way.
- Manage stress and declining energy.
Take advantage of these tip sheets and resources:
- Find assistance and support for your disability to help you keep working.
Was this page useful?