In this exercise you will compare your top job choices. This will help you choose your best job.
To begin, research your top job choices and complete the Job Information Worksheet. This will give you the information you need to compare the jobs.
Comparing jobs will help you answer these questions:
- What do you like about these jobs?
- What don’t you like?
- How are the jobs the same?
- How are they different?
Exercise: Compare your top job choices
Take your time on this step. Maybe you can’t finish it in one day. You may have other questions. You can talk to your career advisor or tutor. They can help you write down your information.
Now you can compare your top job choices.
- Write down the names of your top job choices on the Compare Jobs Worksheet below. This worksheet is for 2 or 3 jobs. Do you have only one job choice? Are you happy with that job choice? Then you can go to Pick the Best Job For You. Do you want more job choices? You can talk to your career advisor or tutor. Or you can read Find the Best Job: What Do You Like to Do?
- Think about the information you have about each job. You can look at your Job Information Worksheets. You can also go back to Book 1 and look again at the things you picked in each of the steps.
- Write down the things you like about each job. Write down the things you don’t like.
- You can ask your career advisor or tutor to help you. You and your advisor or tutor can work on it together.
What will you do next?
You have compared your top job choices. Now you are ready to Pick the Best Job For You.