Skip to the main content
This website uses cookies to give you a better online experience. By using this website or closing this message, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. More information
Alberta Supports Contact Centre

Toll Free 1-877-644-9992


The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted legislation and services. Information on this website may not reflect the current situation in Alberta. Please visit for up-to-date information about these impacts.

Certifications in Alberta
Show Results For Certifications
Narrow Results By
Scroll for more


In Alberta, some occupations are governed by law. To work in these occupations, certification may be required. Find up-to-date information about certification and registration requirements.

Explore FAQs

Results Found 3 certifications matching your criteria

Medical Laboratory Technologist

Medical laboratory technologists are regulated under Alberta's Health Professions Act [pdf] and Medical Laboratory Technologists Profession Regulation [pdf]. You must register with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Alberta (CMLTA) to: conduct laboratory tests that are used by other regulated members to provide professional services directly to the public teach the practice of the...

Related Occupational Profiles

Emergency Medical Personnel

Under Alberta's Health Disciplines Act and Emergency Medical Technicians Regulation, only registered members of the Alberta College of Paramedics (ACP) may call themselves an emergency medical responder, emergency medical technician or emergency medical technologist - paramedic. Registered members provide health services listed in the Regulation.

Related Occupational Profile

Medical Radiation Technologist

Under Alberta's Health Professions Act and Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists Profession Regulation, only registered members of the Alberta College of Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Technologists (ACMDTT) may call themselves a magnetic resonance technologist, nuclear medicine technologist, radiological technologist or radiation therapist. Registered members provide health service...