These jobs are best for people who like to clean things. They like to make things look good. For example, floors, cars, or clothes. They like to tidy things. For example, rooms.
Here is a list of jobs where you clean things:
- Dry cleaning workers clean clothes and other things. For example, carpets, pillows, and curtains. This is an Easy Reading job profile.
- Housekeeping attendants work in hotels and motels. They tidy and clean hallways and rooms. For example, bedrooms, bathrooms, and meeting rooms. They also put in clean towels and other supplies. This is an Easy Reading job profile.
- Janitors often work in office buildings, factories, schools, stores, or apartment buildings. They clean inside buildings. They clean floors, furniture, and equipment. They sometimes work outside buildings, too. This is an Easy Reading job profile.
- Kitchen helpers work in restaurants, hospitals, schools and other places. They keep kitchens clean. They wash dirty dishes. They prepare food. For example, they cut vegetables and slice meats for the cooks. This is an Easy Reading job profile.
- Auto detailers clean cars and trucks. They wash and wax the outside. They dust, vacuum, and clean the inside.
- Carpet and upholstery cleaners clean carpets. They also clean furniture that has upholstery. They go to customers’ homes and businesses.
- House cleaners work in people’s homes. They go from home to home. House cleaners dust, vacuum, and wash floors. They may work alone or with other house cleaners.
- Laundry workers sort, wash, and fold things. For example, clothes, sheets, and towels. They use washing machines and dryers. Laundry workers may work in hospitals, hotels, or large cleaning plants.
If you think you might like a job where you clean things, continue reading. You'll learn more about what it's like to work these jobs.
Maybe these jobs don't interest you. That's OK. It just means that your interests line up better with other types of jobs. Do the exercise on Find the Best Job: What Do You Like to Do? to find other types of jobs that might match your interests. Or see the full list of job types.
Complete the following exercises to learn more about jobs where you clean things.
What will you do next?
Now you have 2 choices.
1. You can read about other types of jobs
There are 7 other types of jobs to explore:
- Jobs Where You Drive or Move Things
- Jobs Where You Help or Serve People
- Jobs Where You Make or Fix Things
- Jobs Where You Prepare Food
- Jobs Where You Protect Things or People
- Jobs Where You Sell Things to People
- Jobs Where You Work With Living Things
What other types of jobs interest you? It’s good to have a few job choices. Review your check marks on the What Do You Like to Do? exercise. Did you choose other types of jobs? You can read about those jobs. You can also ask your career advisor or tutor to help you choose another type of job.
2. Make some job choices
You have made a list of job choices from the types of jobs that interest you. You are ready for the next step. Now read Narrow Down Your Job Choices. It has exercises to help you find the jobs that are best for you. You'll also learn how to find more information on your top job choices.