These jobs are best for people who like talking to customers. People in these jobs work with products and money.
Here is a list of jobs where you sell things to people:
- Salespersons sell things to customers. They help customers. Salespersons work in many kinds of stores. For example, clothing stores, book stores, and home improvement stores. Salespersons may work part time or full time. This is an Easy Reading job profile.
- Shelf stockers work in stores. They take new stock (products) out of boxes. They may count it, weigh it, or sort it into groups. They put prices on the stock. They put the stock on shelves. They scan items to check prices. This is an Easy Reading job profile.
- Call centre agents answer telephone calls and emails. They give information about the company and the company’s products. Call centre agents help customers solve problems.
- Cashiers use cash registers. They work in many kinds of stores. They scan items and print customers’ receipts. They sometimes sell tickets. They give change to customers.
- Cosmeticians show customers how to put on makeup. Cosmeticians sell lipstick, eyeliner, nail polish, and other products.
- Floral designers arrange flowers. They take orders from customers on the phone. They ask questions. For example, “What colours do you want? How much do you want to spend?”
- Telemarketers phone people or businesses. Sometimes telemarketers try to sell things. Sometimes they do surveys. Sometimes they ask for donations. For example, people donate money or clothes to help other people.
If you think you might like a job where you sell things to people, continue reading. You'll learn more about what it's like to work these jobs.
Complete the following exercises to learn more about jobs where you sell things to people.
What will you do next?
Now you have 2 choices.
There are 7 other types of jobs to explore:
- Jobs Where You Clean Things
- Jobs Where You Drive or Move Things
- Jobs Where You Help or Serve People
- Jobs Where You Make or Fix Things
- Jobs Where You Prepare Food
- Jobs Where You Protect Things or People
- Jobs Where You Work With Living Things
What other types of jobs interest you? It’s good to have a few job choices. Review your check marks on the What Do You Like to Do? exercise. Did you choose other types of jobs? You can read about those jobs. You can also ask your career advisor or tutor to help you choose another type of job.
2. Make some job choices
You have made a list of job choices from the types of jobs that interest you. You are ready for the next step. Now read Narrow Down Your Job Choices. It has exercises to help you find the jobs that are best for you. You'll also learn how to find more information on your top job choices.